Ingredients for Ragi Idli Recipe
- Finger millet (ragi / nachni) flour 1 cup (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
- Split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal) soaked for 4 hours and drained 1/2 cup
- Idli rawa soaked 1 cup (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
- Oil 1 tablespoon + for greasing (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 10-12
- Green chillies finely chopped 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Baking soda a pinch
How to make Ragi Idli Recipe?
- Grind black gram with a little water into a smooth paste.
- Drain idli rawa and place in a bowl. Add black gram paste and mix well.
- Add millet flour and mix well. Cover the bowl and keep it in a warm place to ferment for 8 hours.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves and sauté for 1 minute. Add green chillies and sauté for ½ minute. Add this tempering to the fermented batter along with salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Heat sufficient water in a steamer. Grease idli moulds with some oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter in each mould, place them in a steamer, cover and steam for 12-13 minutes.
- Remove idlis from the moulds and serve hot with your choice of chutney.