Ingredients of Green Pea Upma
- 1 Cup Semolina, roasted (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
- 1/4 Cup Green peas (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Nos Green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 Cups Hot water
- 1 Teaspoon Desi Ghee/Butter (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
- 3/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 sprig Ginger, grated
- To taste Salt
- 2 sprigs Fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp Boiled peas
- 1 sprig Curry leaves (sauteed)
How to Make Green Pea Upma?
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan add mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Add curry leaves and grated ginger, sauté till the raw aroma of ginger disappears.
- Now add finely chopped onion, sauté till translucent, add green chillies, sauté for 02 minutes.
- Now add the lightly roasted semolina, add the green peas, sauté for 02 minutes add the hot water.
- Add the salt to taste. Stir, to prevent lump formation.
- Now cover it and cook on very slow fame. Cook till all the water is absorbed and semolina and green peas are cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with Chopped Coriander leaves or grated fresh coconut.