- 1 cup Green Moong Sprouts (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
- 1 Tablespoon Besan
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1-inch Ginger
to be mixed into cheela batter
- 1 cup Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves), finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Cooking oil, for cooking (1 Teaspoon)
How to make Sprouted Moong and Methi Cheela Recipe? – A Healthy Breakfast
- To begin making the Sprouted Moong and Methi Cheela, we need to keep the sprouts ready.
- You can either use store bought sprouts or make sprouts at home.
- In a mixer jar combine moong sprouts, 1 tablespoon Besan, green chilies, fennel seeds and ginger, grind to a smooth paste along with a little water.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl, mix in the finely chopped methi leaves, salt and turmeric powder. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste.
- The Sprouted Moong and Methi Cheela batter will be similar to the consistency of a dosa batter or pancake batter. The cheela batter should be able coat the back of the spoon.
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat, pour a ladleful of Sprouted Moong and Methi Cheela batter on the pan and spread it in a circular motion to form a thin cheela.
- Drizzle some oil around the cheela and cook it until the top does not look raw and you notice the edges are getting brown. Flip and cook on the other side for a few seconds.
- Once done, transfer the Sprouted Moong and Methi Cheela to a plate and proceed to make the cheela with the remaining batter.
- Serve the Sprouted Moong and Methi Cheela along with dhaniya pudina chutney.