Ingredients for Vegetable Pulao Recipe
· Basmati rice boiled 2 cups (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
· Cauliflower separated into florets 1/2 medium
· Carrot chopped 1 medium
· French beans chopped 6-8 (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
· Salt to taste
· Green peas 1/4 cup
· Clarified butter 1 teaspoons (or as prescribed in the diet plan)
· Bay leaves 2
· Green cardamoms 3-4
· Cinnamon 1-inch stick
· Cloves 3-4
· Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
· Peppercorns 7-8
- Heat four to five cups water in a deep nonstick pan. Add cauliflower, carrot, beans and salt. Stir to mix, cover and cook for minutes. Add green peas, cover and cook till vegetables are almost done.
- Heat ghee in another deep nonstick pan. Add bay leaves, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds. Sauté till the seeds splutter. Add peppercorns and mix.
- Add boiled vegetables and mix. Add salt and rice and mix gently. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.